Tostoday Tech Store

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Vernacular of OS Suck

Is it just me or is there a lot of "sucking" going around the OS community? As I peruse the community channels and comments it appears that the adjective slang "suck" is the vernacular of choice. Downloading Linux OS? Nah, it sucks! Oh wait, Windows sucks too! Well it works but this or that sucks too! Hmm...I wonder where all the English majors are?

I understand though, I sometimes use that word if something really ticks me off. On vacation and it rains? Yep, it sucks! Someone wrecked your car, well you know how to describe it. Sooner or later, something just sucks.

But computer operating systems should be described differently. It something breaks, I prefer the solution or advice. If something really did suck, explain how and why so maybe someone might learn something. If humans really stop learning....man that really sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment